This salad is super delicious yet oh so simple to make! It is best served as a cold side dish alongside your main meal or as a starter. It is perfect to make ahead of time before any guests arrive. The argan oil gives the salad a subtle, smooth nutty flavour. It's naturally gluten free, dairy free and vegan!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 5 tbsp. Argan Oil
- 500g Carrots
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp. Cumin powder
- 1 bunch of fresh Coriander (or Flat Parsley)
- 5 Mint leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Peel and cut the carrots into round slices. Boil them in a saucepan with boiling water, along with the garlic cloves and cumin for 20 minutes. Test one of the carrots with a fork or knife, it should be cooked through but not too soft, they should still hold their shape.
- Strain the carrots and season with salt as per your preference. Put the carrots in the fridge. Keep the garlic cloves aside.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl. Add the argan oil, mint leaves and coriander.
- Chop the already cooked garlic cloves and add them to the bowl. Mix everything together. If required, add a dash of water to make the sauce uniform.
- Pour the sauce over the carrots and gently mix. Leave it in the fridge approximately 1 hour before serving.