Paleo, Gluten Free and Dairy Free!
We frequently get that craving for a homemade dessert when it’s already late at night. We cannot be bothered spending an hour in the kitchen to bake an entire cake, brownie batch or other dessert…PLUS, we don’t want to have tonnes of leftover, as we know we can’t stop ourselves from eating the whole thing in one sitting!
We assume we’re not the only ones here… and that’s why mug cakes are perfect!
With 5 minutes to prep, 2 minutes to cook and single-serve quantities, it’s super quick to make, as well as a delicious, healthy dessert choice.
The culinary argan oil adds a unique delicious nutty flavour. For some extra deliciousness and heavenly chocolate gooeyness, we recommend adding a square of chocolate in the mixture so it melts inside your cake!
Ingredients (per one mug):
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 medium-large egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp culinary argan oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- A square or two of dark cooking chocolate - NOT melted (optional)
- Fresh berries
- Coconut or almond shavings
- Icing sugar
- Whipped cream
- Ice cream
(Note: If required, substitute with a paleo or dairy-free option)
Check here for a delicious chicken recipe with argan oil >>
- Place all ingredients in the mug (or a bowl to allow more space to mix it).
- Stir together until smooth.
- If not already in there, pour the mixture into a mug or small ramekin. If choosing to add the dark chocolate square(s), place this in the centre of your mixture so it is sitting upright in the centre of the mug.
- Place in the microwave on medium-high for 1-2 minutes. (The time will depend on the strength of your microwave and how cooked or gooey you prefer it!)
- Serve with your desired toppings. Be prepared, the mug will be very hot!
Adapted from the recipe from downshiftology.com.