We hope everyone who is reading this is safe and well.
Now that most of us are in lockdown, how many of you are finding it difficult to be the homemaker, as well as attempting full-time work and now educating their kids?
Almost everyone, especially Mums, might already be out of breath, out of strength, and out of ideas to make the home more enjoyable.
So today, when almost all of us are staying home, tied down and enjoying the chaos at home whilst hoping that this crisis will be over soon, we’d like to share with you another delicious chicken recipe that’s super easy to make - saving you more time and energy to do other things. We hope you and the loved ones you’re living with today, and for the rest of the quarantine period, will enjoy!
We particularly like this recipe because it’s a family food that’s so easy to make, healthy, and has that snippet of freshness. If you don’t yet own culinary argan oil, it is incredibly hard to find in any food stores! You can order online here to have some delivered straight to your door. If you are really itching to make this recipe and can’t wait for the oil to arrive, swapping it with olive oil will suffice (you just will miss out on the unique nutty flavour ;) ).
So here goes! Oh, you can absolutely call upon the little ones to help you out in prepping this dish. ;)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 55 minutes
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 1kg chicken thighs (feel free to use skinless for a healthier option)
- 1 bunch of garlic, minced
- 250 g of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pack of kalamata olives
- ½ small loaf of sourdough bread or ciabatta bread, break into big chunks (you can add more if you want)
- Two pinches of basil leaves (save some for decoration later)
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A few tablespoons of culinary argan oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 160 C. In a large oven-safe pot, mix the garlic, tomatoes, olives, and bread together with a tablespoon of both olive oil and argan oil and spread evenly in the pot.
- Place the chicken thighs on top in the pot, and drizzle a little more oil to cover the chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pot in the oven for 30 mins.
- Take out the pot, add in ⅔ of the basil leaves, spread over the dish. Put back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and drizzle the dish with culinary argan oil to really give that nutty taste. Add the remaining basil leaves for decoration.
Best served while it’s hot! It goes well with a side salad or rice.
And that’s it! You get a no-hassle yummy chicken dish for dinner or lunch. 🍽️Enjoy!
If you have questions or discovered an amazing addition to make this dish extra special, please send us an email. ;)
Looking for a healthy dessert recipe? Check our Chocolate Caramel Slice with Argan Oil.