If you’re looking for a healthy pancake recipe, you’re in the right place! ;)
This recipe has undergone so many tweaks and changes to make it perfect. It is by far the best and healthiest pancake recipe our co-founder, Hind, has discovered!
Whether you love pancakes for breakfast, brunch or a sweet snack, it’s really great to eat any time of the day! Aside from saving your over-ripe banana, what’s best with our pancakes is that it’s healthy and not so sweet, saving yourself the guilt of treating yourself with something so delicious.
Oh, just a bit of a trivia, did you know that pancakes were said to be discovered by the Romans during the 1st century CE? So really, when you eat pancakes, you’re eating an ancient meal that has lasted a very LONG time, and clearly needs to be treated with respect. ;)
Enough with the lesson, let’s get started with baking these healthy delicious pancakes!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
Serves: 4-6 servings
Healthy Pancake Recipe with Argan Oil
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup spelt flour (or gluten free alternative)
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of Argan Oil for cooking
- Butter or olive oil, for cooking
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. For a quick version, no need to use the blender. However, the fluffiness and smoothness come from blending them.
- Let the batter sit for 2 minutes in the blender while you heat your large non-stick pan.
- Add olive oil or butter to the pan and place over medium heat.
- Add pancake batter 1/3 cup at a time. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and tiny bubbles appear around the edges. Flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Serve pancakes with your favourite toppings. I love adding fresh fruit, a drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup, and even a small spoonful of natural or greek yoghurt. I also sometimes drizzle additional argan oil on top.
Adding argan oil into your pancakes will give a delicious unique nutty taste (similar to hazelnuts)!
To know more about argan oil for cooking and why you need it in your kitchen pantry, check it here.
And when you buy a bottle today, you can get the 2nd bottle at half the price! Just use the code DESSERTMAGIC. ;)
Ready to order? Click here >>