Our co-founder slash resident baker for the week, Hind, is sharing one of her most loved recipes from her soon-to-be recipe e-book.
"My go-to healthy treat – perfect for babies, kids, and all the family to indulge guilt-free. Made with bananas, full of potassium and fiber, argan oil for healthy fats, strengthened immunity and brain development, eggs for protein, and healthy nuts.
I make them only with bananas for my baby and indulge adding some stevia as it’s a healthy sweetener full of antioxidants and I avoid sugar. It works well with maple syrup or coconut sugar for those who don’t like the taste of stevia.
It's the perfect cake for a cosy Sunday afternoon. To indulge, I serve this with manuka honey for the extra immunity boost and some fresh berries."
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Serves: 8-10 servings / Makes 1 cake
Nutritious Paleo Banana Bread with Argan Oil
- 3 organic eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1/3 cup argan oil (you can substitute part of this for coconut oil or butter if you need)
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 100 ml (3 fl oz) pure maple syrup or coconut sugar/ or 2/3 cup stevia for sugar-free option
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cups wholemeal spelt flour (or oat flour, all-purpose flour, or gluten-free all-purpose flour, but I prefer spelt as it is healthier and less inflammatory)
- Half a cup rolled oats
- Half a cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup walnuts (or nuts of choice, I use hazelnuts because I am allergic to walnuts and it is also delicious!), crushed
- Optional: Add dark chocolate chips for extra yumminess!
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (320°F) fan-forced.
- Combine wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour into a prepared loaf tin, lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 40 minutes until cooked through then remove from the oven to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy.
To give yourself the extra immunity boost, add manuka honey or some of your favourite berries!
Benefits of Eating Argan Oil
If adding argan oil to your banana bread sounds too new, that’s alright! Argan oil is the superfood from Morocco, known to some as ‘liquid gold’. We think of it as a superfood because it is so nutrient rich and incredibly healthy.
Why so? Because argan oil is packed with tonnes of micronutrients like vitamin E which is an antioxidant, polyphenols that’s great for digestion, and a lot of essential fatty acids like Omegas 3, 6 and 9, which are great for the heart.
Click here to see all the benefits of eating argan oil >>
That’s why the next time you add argan oil into your dishes, know that anyone who eats it will benefit immensely from the nutrients this oil from Morocco has.
Order your culinary argan oil today and give this recipe a go! For questions, you can always reach us in our social media channels below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. ;)