We know it’s a big call… but we think we’ve found the best chocolate coconut cake with argan oil ever! Perhaps the healthiest, too! If you’ve been looking for that chocolate cake that’s deliciously gooey and decadent, as well as healthy and super easy to make, this is it.
It goes without saying that all of our recipes will have pure argan oil in it, but that shouldn’t stop you from trying the recipes we share. There are always substitutes if you’ve run out. ;)
We’ll minimise the intro here and head straight on to how to make this absolutely scrumptious cake! But first, let’s give credit to where credit is due. This recipe was inspired from @cleankweens post on Instagram, we tweaked it a little to add in the argan oil, and ta-da! Your healthy treat. <3
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Serves: 8-10 servings / Makes 1 cake
The Best Chocolate Coconut Cake with Argan Oil Ever
For the cake:
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ pure argan oil for cooking (you can substitute part of this for coconut oil or butter if you need)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ½ cup sweetener of choice (stevia, xylitol, coconut sugar, honey...)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder.
For the icing:
- 1 tbs milk
- 1 tbs pure argan oil for cooking
- 2 tbs cacao
- 2 tbs sweetener of choice (stevia, xylitol, coconut sugar, honey...)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Whisk all wet cake ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add in remaining cake ingredients & stir to combine.
- Pour into a small tray, lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins or until slightly soft.
- Remove from the oven & let rest until cooled completely. This is important! If it’s still warm, the cake will not be solid enough. It’ll be even better if you leave it a little in the fridge.
- Mix all icing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add more milk if the icing is too thick.
- Spread over the cake & sprinkle with desiccated coconut (optional).
What are the benefits of eating argan oil?
As what we mentioned above, this chocolate coconut cake is made even healthier by the argan oil used for cooking (note: there’s also argan oil for the skin, hair, babies and even beards, but that definitely won’t taste as good! See some of our other articles for more info on our beauty argan oil ;)).
We encourage the use of argan oil in your cooking because it has a lot of benefits! Aside from eating it in its purest cold-pressed form, you’re also adding into your diet healthy micronutrients that are really good for your skin, hair and heart and digestion health (vitamin E, antioxidants and omega essential fatty acids). Plus it gives your baked goodies or dinner recipes an extra yumminess that you don’t usually taste in meals.
If you’re wondering why pure argan oil is quite steep in price, that’s because the process argan oil takes to be the liquid gold that it is, is very manual. To know what we mean by manual, read more here about how argan oil for cooking is made!