youforher is a social enterprise. We believe in creating a profit for a purpose.
At youforher, we strongly believe that our pure argan oil has the power to nourish the body, mind and soul, making you feel amazing inside and out. But that’s not all we care about!
We aim to give you a product that is not only high quality, natural and made with love, but also helps make this world a better place. We aim to bring love, kindness and compassion into every business (and life) decision we make:
- We care about sourcing our oil from an authentic and ethical all-female Moroccan cooperative.
- We commit to giving over half of our profits to charity, supporting the equality of opportunities for women in rural Morocco.
- We choose the most environmentally friendly solutions as possible for our packaging and deliveries.
By supporting us, You will be supporting Her, the women in rural Morocco, to provide opportunities to enhance their education and life. We invite you to help us make a positive impact, just by making decisions with a loving intent.
We are grateful and proud to be sharing our journey with you!
Love, Jacqui and Hind xx
The Moroccan Women’s Co-operative
Our Argan oil has been carefully sourced to not only provide high quality, 100% pure organic argan oil, but also to ensure we are creating a genuine, positive impact within the rural communities of Morocco.
That's why we work with an ethical, all-female co-operative of traditional Berber women in the heart of the Arganier Biosphere Reserve in Morocco. The co-operative is made up of more than 70 women, who are committed to improving their living conditions as well as that of their families.
These women are free to work as they please with an open door policy, remunerated by the amount of work they complete. The vibe is very relaxed, friendly and chatty, with women of all ages from early 20s up to late 70s!
The co-operative provides a monthly independent income stream for the women to provide for their families, in particular for their health and education. In addition, the cooperative is supported by a local NGO, which provides education in literacy and specialised skills (such as accounting, HR and traceability) to the women to enhance their futures and opportunities.
About our Product
The co-operative's oil (our supplier) is certified organic by ECOCERT and strictly follows the requirements of the National Office of Sanitary Safety of Foods (ONSSA). It is guaranteed to be sustainably harvested and certainly does NOT test on animals.
As we are still new and setting things up, we are still in the process of getting our own official Australian Organic and Cruelty-Free certifications... stay tuned!
Reinvesting our Profits
Our business model means we still pay our staff and the required business expenses to maintain ourselves. We reserve some of our profits to continue to grow the business to ensure its success, however, we commit to giving more than half of our profits towards supporting the girls and women within these rural Moroccan communities.
We believe in complete transparency. As a newly established business, we are still figuring out all of the details! We will be working in partnership with a Moroccan non-for-profit association, co-designing and establishing a unique project to support these women and their children in the most impactful way possible. As we progress with this, we’ll keep you informed with precisely what we’re up to!
We believe in doing good for both people and the planet.
We only have one mother earth, so we must treat it with kindness and respect! That's why for each step in our business and supply chain, we aim to be as environmentally friendly, ethical and sustainable as we can be:
- We source our oil where the argan trees are grown sustainably, within a Natural Biosphere in Morocco. The more successful the argan oil industry is, the more trees are planted. Not only is it great just to be planting more trees, but these magnificent trees have deep roots that prevent desert encroachment and soil erosion. They also provide food, shade and shelter for animals and pastures. So it's a complete win-win-win!
- We are a proud member of 1% for the Planet, donating 1% of our annual revenue to environmental causes.
- Our bottles are made with recyclable glass, instead of plastic.
- Our packaging is as minimal as can be (whilst still protecting the glass!), with all recyclable materials and no unnecessary waste.
- We carbon-offset all of our shipments and transportation, including the final delivery to your door.
- Our oil is certified organic with ECOCERT in Morocco and is kept in its complete natural state! We are yet to complete the certification checks to be able to use the Australian certified logo on our products, but it will come!
By purchasing youforher products, you will be supporting these local women and their families through better education, health and opportunities, as well as contributing to the ongoing activity of the true cooperatives. So, we want to say thank you!