This liquid gold has for many centuries been a Moroccan secret, passed down through generations from old to young.
Packed with micronutrients like polyphenols, antioxidants like tocopherols (vitamin E) and many essential fatty acids (such as linoleic and oleic), it has many proven health, hair and skin benefits. It can be used in SO many different ways (see here), it is really one of those must have, multi-use household items.
Here is a quick run-down of benefits, based on whether you decide to eat it or purely use it for your hair and skin.
Health benefits for eating argan oil
- It is considered to help treat or prevent digestion issues, diabetes, high cholesterol and bloody pressure, weight management difficulties, cardiovascular disease, cancer, Alzheimer's and so much more!
- It boosts the body's immune response and soothes inflammation, providing a strong anti-aging formula.
Hair and skin benefits using argan oil
Skin benefits from argan oil:
- Nourishes and regenerates the skin and locks in moisture.
- Improves skin elasticity and softness.
- Prevents the signs of aging (wrinkles).
- Gives your skin a wonderful glow.
- Accelerates the wound-healing process.
- Helps to prevent and reduce stretch-marks.
- Helps to treat acne and eczema.
- Strengthens brittle nails and repairs damaged cuticles.
- Helps to heal sunburn.
Hair benefits from argan oil:
- Locks in moisture to the scalp, hair and follicles.
- Treats and reduces dry, itchy scalps.
- Strengthens the hair from root to tip.
- Smooths, conditions and de-frizzes the hair.
- Protects against damages from the sun, high heat, salt and chemicals.
- Prevents the signs of aging (hair thinning or greyness).
- Prevents hair loss (decreases follicular damage).
- Promotes the speed and thickness of hair growth (this includes beards guys)!
Be aware of misleading argan oil products!
Unfortunately a lot of beauty products today have beautifully designed misleading marketing, with labels of Argan oil or Moroccan oil. In truth, if you look at their ingredients list, argan oil comes far down the list (meaning it's just a tiny percentage of the product), with who-knows-what other chemicals or additives inside. This means you're not really getting the true benefits of pure argan! We hope to increase your awareness of such claims and opt for the real deal, the 100% pure and organic argan oil.